If you are using Navisworks 2017 / 2018 on Windows 10 with UltraHD (4K) monitor, then you’ve probably seen this picture:
Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is invisible, while the buttons are still in place (hover over them with mouse cursor, and you’ll see the tooltips).
The problem is caused by WPF hardware acceleration, which is enabled in Navisworks by default. Here are the steps to switch off WPF hardware acceleration and bring Quick Access Toolbar back:
- Open Navisworks options > expand Interface menu > select Display
- Switch off the WPF acceleration:
- Click OK to accept changes
- Accept the warning message and restart Navisworks:
- After Navisworks restarts, you’ll see the QAT: