This update contains an update to the FBX SDK and provides a number of security improvements related to processing FBX, DAE, 3DS, and DXF format files. It also brings a number of bug fixes, which could be found at the release notes page.
Navisworks 2018.2.1 update (available via the Autodesk Desktop App) comes with the following list of bug fixes and improvements:
• LMV users will now see a clear error message when the Navisworks extractor fails
• In Recap, a viewpoint is saved at the origin of each scan
• Navisworks now supports the ability to outline cross-sections
• Imported IFC files now include classification data so that it can be used to create search sets
• Model hierarchy is now preserved when using the Revit_IFC loader, to help find information more efficiently
• Resolved an issue where Revit AddIns for IFC Loader cannot work if Navisworks 2018 is uninstalled, then reinstalled
• Resolved an issue where Navisworks 2018 crashes when an IFC file with reinforced bars is imported
Now that the fall has come, it’s time to check out an updated Revit roadmap, which highlights the future of Revit. There’s a lot of cool stuff in there, so go ahead and see this article at Autodesk blogs
Good news, everyone! Revit 2018.1 update is now available for download from the Autodesk Account portal. It comes with some cool new features (see this article at Autodesk blogs for the full info), including enhancements to Dynamo Player. Now it finally supports changing input values directly through the Player UI, which is super handy:
As you can see, there may be plenty of inputs that could be changed without even launching Dynamo. But note that there are still some limitations:
- Code blocks as input strings are not supported – if you prefer to write text inputs in code block, using quotes, you’ll need to rebuild these Dynamo graphs (swap Code Blocks with Strings) to use with Player;
- Custom nodes as inputs are not supported – they are not shown in the Player UI;
- Frozen nodes will be shown as changeable inputs, while they’re not used in the script logic.
Anyway, this is a cool update, and I’m sure that these subtle issues would be fixed in the near future. And by the way, here is the quote from Dynamo community addressing these issues:
We will look into the frozen node and address them in the future.
For the Code Blocks it’s a little more tricky but doable if there is a strong request from the community.
For the custom nodes it would be really nice indeed to have that.
The way I see this as a possibility in the future : a third party will create the custom node on Dynamo and then will have to create the node UI representation in Dynamo Player ( using some Dynamo Player API which doesn’t exist yet ). So the third party will have control over the DB level of the node and also over node UI representation in Dynamo Player.
Good news is that things are designed internally to make this possible in the future.
However , since this still requires a significant development effort we need to have a strong request from the community so that decision factors prioritize this accordingly. So please tweet about it on every occasion !
Today I released my tiny WhatsApp Dynamo package, and it’s now available for download and testing @ dynamopackages.com. WhatsAppDynamo provides integration with WhatsApp Web platform, allowing you to send text data (like URLs, file paths, parameter names, etc.) using Dynamo. Note that due to the platform limitations, images and files are not currently supported – they could be sent only as a hyperlink.
Currently WhatsAppDynamo package consists of a single custom node called “WhatsApp.SendMessage”. This node creates a WhatsApp message (string) in appropriate format to be used in WhatsApp Web platform. As I’ve already said, images and files are not supported due to WhatsApp limitations. Input desired phone number or leave this field blank (“UsePhoneNumber” switch is set to ‘False’ by default) to choose your contact later in browser.
Omit any zeroes, brackets or dashes when adding the phone number in international format: ‘
+001-(555)1234567‘ must be converted to ‘15551234567‘ . Also please keep in mind that this phone number must have an active account on WhatsApp, otherwise you won’t be able to send your message.
Please feel free to test the package, and report issues & bugs here: Dynamo packages. It supports Dynamo 1.3.0+ & Revit 2016+