It’s been a month since I wrote about the work-in-progress McNeel’s technology called “Rhino Inside”: Will Rhino 7 run inside Revit? And now it is live on GitHub!
The Rhino Inside technology allows Rhino and Grasshopper to be embedded within other products, including Revit and AutoCAD. This repository contains all the sample developer code for loading Rhino inside other 64-bit Windows applications.
Note that you’ll need to download Rhino WIP version to be able to play with Inside technology.
McNeel & Associates have recently published a webpage about the “Rhino Inside” technology, which sounds pretty amazing:
Rhino 7 WIP (Work in Progress) can now run inside other 64-bit Windows applications such as Revit, and potentially AutoCAD, Solidworks, Photoshop, Excel, etc.
Imagine that you could run Rhino’s geometry engine inside Revit environment. This could be a game-changer for those who work with conceptual design.
The bad news is that “Rhino Inside” is in the early phase of development, so that there is nothing to see or test for the moment. Even the Rhino Inside webpage is full of placeholders for the download and help links:
Try Rhino inside Revit (RiR)
- Download and install the Revit plugin.
- Try the Rhino, Grasshopper, and Python examples.
- Build your own RiR tools. How to get started…
- Check out the source code for RiR and the related examples.
- Try writing a Rhino Inside plugin for your favorite product. How to get started…
Personally, I don’t mind the wait: it’s almost certainly better to have the new feature work well when it launches, rather than launch with bugs.
Conductor is a Revit and Rhino add-in that integrates Trello task management with your models. This add-in has originally been released as paid application (I’ve already mentioned it in my post last year) by Nathan Miller from provingground, and now it’s available for free.
Conductor uses Trello API to move your tasks between Revit (Rhino) and Trello. The integration is clean and seamless:
Below you can find the the add-in requirements:
- Revit 2017/2018*
- Rhinoceros 5.0 64-Bit for Windows*
- Windows OS (Developed and tested with Windows 10)
- ClickOnce installer is best used with Internet Explorer
- ClickOnce user installer assumes a standard Windows user setup
- Internet connection
- Trello account (you’ll also need to authorize the app with your own Trello token)
- * Versions for Revit 2019, Rhinoceros 6, and Navisworks 2019 are forthcoming.
You can also read the full description here (including the download links), and release notes here. Source code has been posted to bitbucket.