We've been doing iterative clash detection in out projects for years. This is an old-fashioned and time-consuming process, which consists of repetitive manual or semi-automatic tasks:
- Convert each discipline model into the Navisworks / Solibri file formats.
- Update project federated model.
- Run multiple clash tests.
- Publish results.
- Introduce results to the design team.
- Next hour/day/week/month repeat steps 1..5
Wouldn't it be great if we could spend our time in a more effective manner? There are actually a couple of software platforms that offer live (real-time) clash detection inside Revit environment.
MagiCAD for Revit 2019
Both of these Revit add-ins use the same concept: they provide you with clash detection in real time, while you build your model. There is no need to iteratively run clash tests, and you can visually see the conflicts in views and schedules. You can see the full process in these videos above.
The future of clash detection is coming!